Friday 23 September 2011

Thank you for all the comments, it has been a huge hug after I felt like I had been mugged by the school.

The general feeling around other mums is that the Head does actually watch which parents turn up and which don't - I have been looked over a few times and it is unnerving. I am not ever, ever, ever volunteering for the PTA or similar. The Head is really scary (though she seems really lovely with the kids, so I will let her off). I shall do my best, keep my head down and encourage little bear.

Marybelle - it looks like evil cat is reaching the end of the catnip road. She is so stiff in her back legs. She can still manage to jump up and sit on the keyboard, and she can still find patches of sun, and she is still shedding for a hobby, and while she can still enjoy those things then we will keep the cuddles coming for her. Of course, being evil cat she is not giving in an inch to aches and pains. She has not lost the evil cat attitude, she just can't be bothered.

Ian - sports kit, well, by this time next year I hope to be doing one extra out of school footie kit, one martial arts kit and one school PE kit, and it's knowing about the PE kit. They don't do it on set days, so it is a question of ambushing the bag when you think the kit has been used. There is supposed to be a kit kept at school at all time. I'll have to keep on top of it, but I may keep a back up kit in place. No book has arrived yet, I'll mail you, and I have a book here for you (and last year's Christmas present from little bear, but that's another story!)

Hazel - that calendar sounds ideal. Because OH and darling father want to go to eg theatre/ballet/shows at least once a month. And all the stuff darling father wants to do at the Methodists. And the school stuff. And any extra sports eg martial arts (grading coming up soon). And I hope to start little bear on piano lessons. I will be printing out a month per view for us just to keep up with the next few weeks. I used to be really good at keeping up with this sort of stuff, I don't know what happened.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Do they do PE once a week? Or more often? If he wears the same kit for two sessions it won't matter anyway - at that age any sweat they do shed doesn't smell. I'd suggest two kits and have a set day of the week for changing them over.

Emma said...

My 7 year olds kit gets washed once every half term. We send it in on the first day of term and the school send it out with the little darlings after there last P.E lesson of the half term.