Thursday 1 September 2011

Delivery

I was putting together another grocery delivery from the supermarket. I had gone to Sainsburys because they do the tuna that evil cat likes. Actually, it is small tins of tuna in water, dolphin friendly. I get the smaller tins so I don't end up with half tins cluttering the fridge and then being rejected by evil cat for not being fresh enough. Also I like their diet cola as it doesn't have aspartame.

Since they moved me from the White Rose store, it just hasn't been the same. In fact, it has gone steadily down hill. Suddenly they were not doing Ovaltine in a delivery. Ovaltine is a staple! corner shops sell it, small newsagents carry it, so why can't a vast, complicated, major leading supermarket have it as available for delivery. It is not that it went on the list and then didn't show up. It just wasn't there to put on the list!

I am going to see if I can get something broadly similar to the tuna from Asda. Any reasons to keep shopping at Sainsburys seem to be evaporating.

No comments: