Wednesday 7 September 2011

I am not feeling a very nice person

First of all, if this PMT doesn't stop soon I am going to end up in the papers.

I had a Sainsbury delivery this morning. I really miss when I had my deliveries from the White Rose. For years I had a weekly delivery, it was no trouble and I had no problems. In fact, I sometimes used to ring up Sainsburys and say thank you for the good service.

Then we switched to Bradford. I found that out two weeks after the switch when the delivery driver watched me lug forty litres of liquid in various bottles down a steep flight of stone steps with one arm in a sling without even offering to help. And when I placed the order they would not allow me to order Ovaltine - Ovaltine! Every corner shop seems to carry it but not a huge supermarket? I was unimpressed and ended up getting a delivery from Asda as a supplement.

Today they were huffing while standing over me because I wasn't unpacking the crates fast enough. The crates were in the garden, I was lugging the stuff up and down the steps (in normal circumstances I don't mind because I need the exercise) and all I had asked them to do was take the bags out of the crates, which they didn't. So when they said that they would see me again I said that I would be going to Asda next time.

I do feel bad about this, really, and I may ring up to apologise. Just because I am royally hacked off and am buying less and less from Sainsburys because the service is getting worse and worse for me does not mean I should be less than courteous. I have gone below the standard I set myself which is not to be horrible to delivery men, it is generally not their fault. And even if it is, then there is very little I can do about it and if I am reasonable now I might get better service. But today was not a day to stand over me huffing. I am a very grumpy bunny at the moment.

And the world gave me a bit of a nudge to day that I had not been behaving, a slap on the wrist if you like. Because as the van drove off a bottle of cola dropped down the steps, bouncing high on every one and exploded when it hit the kitchen floor. I have been wiping cola off the kitchen ceiling and it serves me right.

No comments: