Friday 2 September 2011

Roof

The roofer came. £120 to tidy up tiles, clear area and point loose ridge tiles (which I had known about for ages, but had been too scared of the bill to do anything about). £60 to re-cement the chimney pots - he went to show how much they could wobble and loose cement fell everywhere. He also offered to paint some of the stone work for £120. It badly needs doing - really badly. Again I have been scared of the bill. The thing is, we all know what last winter was like, and the winter before, and after a cold summer I am not sure that I expect anything but another bad winter. I can't risk the chimney or ridge tiles coming off any longer.

It all really needs doing but today I have also received the AA membership renewal. We pay in a lump sum, as I believe it was cheaper when it originally set up. This is an absolute necessity, OH doesn't know where the oil goes. Actually he doesn't know how to refill the windscreen wash. I know less.

I feel a bit battered by bills. We can find the money, but I wish we didn't have to.

No comments: