Monday 12 September 2011

Little bear's first day at school

He was up at the crack of dawn as usual. He permitted me to make him porridge, but sort of scooped the honey off it and left the main bit, but it was at least an effort. And of course all the uniform was laid out ready.

And we got to school early. Watched someone panicking because they didn't realise that they actually had to fill in the actual forms and it wasn't fair (I couldn't be smug, ours were done the night before and how I managed to find little bear's birth certificate was a miracle!)

We had an interview with the headmistress who was lovely to little bear and terrified me. And little bear trotted off into class without a backward glance.

The house seemed just so empty. And all again tomorrow. For the first time in five years I need an alarm clock.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

I am so pleased for you both that his entry into school went so smoothly. Hopefully every day will be as good, but there are bound to be hiccups, so just keep calm and all will be well.

The quietness takes some getting used to, I agree.

Wannabe Sybil said...

Thank you. I am sure that there will be interesting times, but I always felt, deep down, that little bear would be fine. Keeping all crossed! WS x