Thursday 22 September 2011

Little bear discovers Pudding

Little bear has school dinners, which I think is wonderful! £9.25 and little bear has a hot and healthy (the school has certificates) meal. Including pudding. Now little bear's puddings seem to have consisted an awful lot of sponge and custard, which I don't have any basic objection to, but he is very happy about this. He loves pudding. He loves pudding after dinner every night as well.

Unfortunately we had home made soup the other night, and to balance out the protein content and use up some bread, we had a tasty and not too sweet bread and butter pudding that little bear 'helped' to make. Now we should, according to little bear, have pudding every night, it's in his Rules that are written invisibly on the wall above the huge cardboard Dalek.

So far it has been bread and butter pudding, fruit and custard and Angel Delight. However I am looking at this as a great way to get little bear some nutrition when he can't be bothered eating dinner or he has pronounced it 'deeeeeegustin'. Tonight I am doing rice pudding with sultanas and plenty of cinnamon and nutmeg.

I am also getting my cook books out and finally starting to look at the dessert recipes. Married 21 years today and my poor husband is finally getting his desserts.

1 comment:

Morgan said...

Congratulations on your anniversary!

xx