Thursday 21 July 2011

Another Lakeland Catalogue

Another Lakeland catalogue arrived yesterday, hot on the heals of the other one. I have briefly dipped in.

I wish I hadn't - there are too many goodies I want. But one thing struck me - prices are going up. Lakeland is usually good value for money, though not always inexpensive. I think that if these prices are going up then there really is inflation.

I suppose that I, like many, have become used to a time of stable prices. That has gone with the wind, I think, although I can remember the early seventies when the price of a loaf of bread would vary week to week. It is not that bad. I will be having a good read, but I am wary of buying more clutter for the kitchen. Also I could really do with saving the pennies.

1 comment:

Witch Hazel said...

HI Syb
I was just coming here to tell you that there is a much better offer in today's catalogue, some Grippy scissors. I agree that Lakeland's prices have gone up, I epect it is that heir turnover of stock is quite high and therefore they are being charged hugher prices from the manufacturers/distributors? It's definitely making me even more choosy than normal about what I put in my basket!