Wednesday 6 July 2011

Big School

Little bear went to see where he would be at school next year. It is a huge room with forty five children and two teachers with teaching assistants. The noise was incredible!

It is only a reception class so there are lots of toys and games and they were icing biscuits to look like spiders - just a step up from nursery.

All the children looked happy, relaxed and comfortable. Also I really liked little bear's teacher. On first inspection I was doubtful, but now I am really happy.

One thing that did occur to me. There were two slots for the children to visit - one this afternoon and one yesterday morning. Forty five children were starting, some already go to the nursery attached to the school. Even allowing for these and those attending yesterday I am really surprised that only six turned up to this afternoon's visit. I know the parents of at least three of those present took time off work to do so.

I expect it will be the same faces as we go through the next few years at pick up, drop off, school play and school fair.

Also, little bear didn't want to leave and he wanted to go back tomorrow.

No comments: