Tuesday 5 July 2011

School Uniform

I have just been looking through the rules on school uniform and depressing myself. I am also weighing up mentally how long each item is likely to last. I think I shall be visiting Asda (online of course) for what looks like an endless procession of polo shirts, t-shirts, shorts, trousers, shirts, etc etc.

I had better start keeping my envelopes because there is one a week with dinner money, plus milk money envelopes and I will be very surprised if there aren't more.

And clothing labels - I have seen some good ideas on my friend ebay, and from what I have heard they will be necessary. I am also thinking of getting some labels for my darling father, so I can tell his underwear from OH's. I have found some that you iron on and it leaves just the name, and it can be tumble dried.

I have no idea what will be required in the way of pens, paper, folders, books, etc, but I am sure I shall find out.

And this is just the start. Little bear is in the smallest size. One day he will be a hulking teenager (if I do things right) and it will be even more expensive.

I think what has depressed me a little is the info from the school. The impression I am getting is that while the school will do its utmost to nurture and care for little bear, the parents had better toe the line.

No comments: