Friday 29 July 2011

Forty Six Days

It is forty six days until little bear starts school.

It is looming over me like a cloud. My little boy won't be quite so little. He will be going to a school where they have children up to 11 and he will be wearing a uniform, and there will be all the interesting bits of the school gates to navigate.

I don't know what I am going to do with myself. I feel all adrift at the thought of it. So in the forty six days before he starts school I am going to try and set myself some targets and timetables. The house is incredibly chaotic, so that is my first target. This includes get the home clean, organised, catching up with ironing, setting a rhythm to include baking, setting a budget etc. It all needs redecorating, so that is a second target. Working outside the home is likely to be difficult as I have no back up childcare, as I can't really ask darling father. So looking for work that I can do at home, like transcription, is a third target. I might be able to knit baby clothes for ebay or etsy for a small profit (though I don't think I'll get minimum wage) so that is target number four.

Target number five is writing. I am hopeful that I may be able to self publish stuff as ebooks, which may be a start, and perhaps I can make a few pennies then. I am looking into it tentatively as I think I can find an inexpensive way to do it. Of course, finishing off 'Digging up the Past' may be a good start with that! I couldn't self publish in actual paper books, some of those schemes can cost over £1000! And I need to keep badgering away to see if I can find an agent/publisher to get me properly in print. Writing something to badger with would be helpful.

No comments: