Thursday 14 July 2011

A tired day

Little bear has filled the day with imperious yells of 'Mummy!' He is too hot, he is too cold, his healthy tank is full (he has a number of different tanks in his torso, apparently, and when his healthy tank is full it is time for sweeties), he wants this, he wants that.

I have felt like an over used dishrag today, for a number of reasons, and so I have concentrated on damage limitation since 6am. We have managed some cuddles, and I have forced 'please' and 'thank you' from him a few times.

Food has been the theme. He wanted something for lunch, but wouldn't tell me what as he had run out of questions for tea. So I was coming up with suggestion after suggestion that were all angrily rejected, but he couldn't suggest a thing. Normally I would leave him until he could think of something after offering a choice of two things, but today I was humouring him. As it was I managed to survive some serious tantrums! I have managed to limit the amount of treats he was extorting as well.

Darling father is away for tonight, so has missed the worst of the storm. At one point I was so worn out I was lying on the floor in the study, almost comatose, as little bear played on the computer and roused me at five minute intervals to admire his computer colouring skills. All the pictures were completely covered in blue - apparently it was compulsory. Then I would collapse back again.

Then, a full fifteen minutes before OH got in, little bear went to sleep on the sofa. He hasn't stirred through some loud Dr Who, conversation, coughs, laughs and tea. Two hours later, OH will be taking upstairs to bed any second.

I hope tomorrow will be a bit more refreshed.

No comments: