Monday 4 July 2011

Grandma Dalek

I have asked permission, and OH has said that is fine to post his overview of Grandma Dalek.

Grandma Dalek is a legend. Davros paid for her to get a flat at the top of a social housing block more or less to keep her out of everyone’s way. She’s allergic to cheese (wind) but can’t resist a nice slice of cheddar and usually has some in the fridge. She misses her Sidney desperately since he was taken from her during the Blitz (not by the Germans, but by a floozy from Barnstaple) and her only company is the mouse that shares her apartment from time to time which sends her alternately and randomly into fits of outraged panic (“it was going through me Peek Freens, the cheeky little b******, nothing but crumbs left! And I can’t get into me nightie if it might be in the room looking!”) or comradely affection (“He’s me only friend is little Mickey, he comes out and sits on the rug watching Countdown with me.”)


She’s not a fan of newly arrived alien species, social workers, care assistants, or the Silence in the room above (“Silence? That’s a laugh. Keeping me up till after midnight with their bloody steel drums”). She’s always delighted when one of the family drop by (“Have you come up to see me? Have you? Come up to see me? You’ve come up to see me then?”) until she gets impatient with their presence (shortly after enquiring whether or not they’ve brought any food or come to sort out one of the little domestic problems in her flat). She is a happy companion of the same fraternity that includes Pratchett’s witches, Mrs Brady the Old Lady (from Viz), and Catherine Tate’s character Nan.

OH is incredibly fun when he gets going.

No comments: