Saturday 9 July 2011

Hint of clutterbust

Very lacklustre effort, but at least something.

I found a bottle of toilet duck, dated 1998. I tipped that carefully down an outside drain. After the next good downpour I intend to pour the other drain cleaners I have found of around the same vintage, well spaced out. I am not sure if they ferment, but I will be wearing strong shoes and gloves and standing well back.

I have pulled all the items out of the drinks receptacles cupboard, where glasses and mugs are kept, and given it a wipe over. It isn't a huge cupboard, but with one thing and another it isn't well organised. So I have rinsed all the glasses, including the dozen extra glasses that darling father brought and wouldn't fit in. Mugs are going in a different cupboard and all glassware is going in this cupboard. All surplus mugs and glassware are going in the cupboard under the outside steps, for the next charity shop run/bring and buy sale. I am still in the process of sorting that lot, but will post total of discards in the box.

I have thrown away the electric fairy cake maker that I really couldn't get to work. I was a bit upset, but I can live with it.

I have gathered most of the cake bars/flapjack bars that came in vast quantities from Approved Food and stacked them in the plastic cracker boxes I have just emptied the crumbs out of. I enjoyed the crackers, but bought the huge tubs from Approved Food mainly for the containers.

I have reluctantly thrown out the rye bread mix that I have not really had the chance to try since it expired 18 months ago.

I will be doing a further potter later on, but at least I am a bit further on.

No comments: