Wednesday 20 July 2011

Little bear is not covered

Little bear is adequately provided with a duvet and a choice of blankets. And no matter what I do, I can't keep the covers on him. Last night I crept up to use the bathroom, and little bear was completely asleep and on top of the covers. I covered him up, he snuggled down and I went in to the bathroom. By the time I came out the covers were off again!

Then he wakes up early as he is cold, even though he is exhausted. He will stagger downstairs and reject with scorn any suggestion of a blanket. And he very much disapproves when I refuse to put the fire on.

It was a problem last winter and it will be a problem next winter. However as little bear gets older it becomes more of his problem and less of mine. I shall just keep to woolly underblankets and let him get on with it.

2 comments:

ravylesley said...

mine were all like this and I resorted to the fleecy zip up sleepsuits for them in winter.If you look on the Vertbaudet website they have them up to quite large sizes

Lesleyxx

Wannabe Sybil said...

I may be going back to that - for the first few years he lived in those fleecy suits! I just wish he would pull the dratted covers up - and not ask for the fire on.

He won't wear sweaters or cardigans or even hoodies either. In fact, just like OH. WS x