Saturday 9 July 2011

Old style

I am quite proud of my little fix.

To sort out the mini flasks for darling father's milk, I use a bottle brush. However I tried a few to get the right one, and besides, I like different ones for different tasks.

They were just lying everywhere and getting in the way so I decided I needed to organise them. I wanted them on the kitchen window sill as then they would be to hand and I think it is a little more hygienic. So I cut a used clear 2l pop bottle in half, for the height, so that the brushes would not easily topple over. To give it the stability it needed I put a cobalt blue glass from the back of the cupboard in the base. The stems of the brushes all fit in there, but it couldn't be used on its own as it was too short.

The weight of the glass and the height of the cut off pop bottle mean that the brushes are really safe, and as a bonus you hardly see the pop bottle but I do get a bit of sunshine through the blue glass. I am really pleased with it.

No comments: