Sunday 3 July 2011

Lakeland shopping

I have been shopping at Lakeland. I was quite good. I needed the cereal holders - I got two (ouch at the Lock n lock price but they are really worth it), some cobb stones for the barbecue for darling father, some bowls to supplement the acrylic bowls I already have that have been brilliant, and, because it was late and I was around £6 short for free delivery, I bought tea towels. I bought eight microfibre tea towels for £5.99 in the sale.

If you have never used microfibre tea towels I seriously urge you to try them, they are amazing! They dry, and dry, and dry, then they dry out themselves really quickly, they leave no fluff behind them, and they have antibacterial properties. They wash like a dream as well.

I DON'T NEED MICROFIBRE TEA TOWELS - I ALREADY HAVE A DOZEN. Okay, they are showing signs of becoming elderly, and perhaps are on the start of the journey to floor clothes, but they still do a good job.

To be fair, I am glad that the only random purchase was a tea towel.

However, for those who feel the cold, have the pennies and are fans of Lakeland, please have a look at the Cosypad which is also on sale. We have these, and they are amazing, they really keep the warmth in much better than a fleece or snuggle rug, they are lovely and they wash (although not tumble dry). I found them a lifeline over the last cold spell, and I wish they did them in double bed size. They are not inexpensive but are definitely worth every penny. Ours that have seen sterling service are looking the same as they did when we bought them.

No comments: