Saturday 30 July 2011

Hoarder in the making

Little bear is a bit concerned. He wants to keep ALL his toys. He doesn't want to lose one, he wants to keep them all. We are in ongoing negotiations on this because if he gets all the toys he wants for Christmas it will take several lorries to bring them all and we will have nowhere to put it, even if he does get rid of stuff. As it is, we are already overflowing. I mentioned a clear out tonight, and suddenly obscure soft toys were promoted to 'favourite' and placed on the bed, which barely had room for little bear at the end.

I can live with the sentiment, if not the practice. However he is showing signs of keeping things for the sake of it. He is moving to being left without a nappy at night. He is dry when he sleeps, so I am not fussed. I just told him that I was not buying any more nappies and that when they were gone, they were gone.

Little bear does not approve of this arrangement. However we have now run out of the preferred nappies and are in the process of working through the despised pull ups that he refused to countenance not too long ago. Except we have one nappy left - because he wants to keep it to look at it. This is worrying me, keeping things for security. It is not keeping a (clean and unused) nappy for 'just in case' but to look at.

I have no idea where this comes from as little bear has an overabundance of toys and goodies, but I shall be keeping a close eye on things. It is even more important now that I set a good example by clutterbusting.

No comments: