Monday 11 July 2011

Depleted Bees

The bees are lessened. There used to be what looked like hundreds of bees flying round the chimney stack, now it only looks like a dozen. I suppose that means they have swarmed.

I am illogically proud of my bees, they are thriving when so many other places are losing theirs. It is completely illogical as it is nothing I have done. Of course, it adds an interesting dimension to the stove question, as how would it affect the bees (the smoke would come out of a neighbouring flue) and would it be fair to the bees to do it.

On a different note, we now have leaf curl in the flowering cherry and I suspect also the tomatoes. The tomatoes have just limped along this year, in previous years they have overflowed. The cherry is looking rather shrivelled. However Nice Mr Next Door is happy to cut it down a bit before it grows another two inches and entangles in the phone lines.

No comments: