Friday 1 July 2011

I'm a bad mother again

In my defence, little bear has been really subdued and refusing chocolate and lolly ices. He wanted to build the model of the pirate ship that darling father bought him.

So we stuck a few bits of wood together with glue, waited impatiently for the huge dollops of glue little bear used to dry and then it was time to paint. I was very happy for little bear to do this for himself.

Unfortunately the tiny pots of paint that came with the kit were dried up and quite inadequate so I got out the poster paint. Little bear had been very quietly painting in a very restrained way, so I got out some extra brushes for him and came on the computer, trying to stay awake. That was definitely a bad mother moment.

I heard a small thump, and turned round to little bear who was behind me with no door between us, about five yards away. He was paint to the elbows. Paint was everywhere - well, on the model, the newspaper on his little table and little bear, and the pirate ship was not black but an interesting colour that you get when you inadequately mix purple, red and orange.

And of course little bear put hand prints up the walls of the stairs - the white walls. To be fair the walls of the stairs have been in desperate need of redecoration since we moved in, but that is not the point.

He has just apologised. I have reassured him that I love him, and he is back to being all subdued. I will try and learn my lesson - and I am typing this in short bursts while hovering round him!

No comments: