Friday 22 July 2011

Where's my postie?

Received an email from an ebay seller, letting me know that the registered post parcel they had sent me was returned by the Royal Mail as 'not called for'.

WHAT?!

I'm always in. I am never out, I am always in the house. If I am not there is a good chance that either darling father is or that nice Mr Next Door is working on a car outside and will take a parcel for me, if I have nipped to the shops.

And, and, and... There was no card through the door saying that they had tried to deliver. So I had no way of knowing that there was the parcel waiting for me. I am so cross. It was something that was personalised and quite important - name tapes for little bear's new school uniform. Fortunately I am so over active on the shopping that I have ordered them well in advance (partly to spread the cost).

And fortunately for me the nice seller has let me know and is posting them back out normal mail.

Even if I hadn't seen the new postie I would know that my normal, reliable, safe postie wasn't around this week. I hope he is on holiday and is not taken off this route. All the local delivery people know that I am always in and that next door will take parcels if I am not.

Better, normal service had better resume shortly!

No comments: