Wednesday 6 July 2011

So low.

Darling father is going out after all.

The kitchen is a health hazard. Not only is it dirty but it is full! I have just had my second Approved Food order and the Lakeland delivery.

I wasn't even in the same side of the room when the new container for sugar puffs fell on the floor, split open and spilled everywhere. I think the brownies are making a point. I can't remember the last time I looked around the kitchen and felt calm, let alone capable. I could just cry. And I am bitterly aware that it is an open invitation to waste.

And while I was trying to sweep up errant sugar puffs, little bear was having forty fits because he wanted treats that came from Approved Food. We are supposed to be going out tomorrow, but little bear says he can't go because he will be too hungry - he will be very, very hungry all morning. It is somehow connected with the Go Ahead Apple cake bars that little bear thinks are so tasty.

Tonight I think I need a good night's sleep. Then I am going to see how much I can get done in the kitchen before the weekend. I am not doing a 'before and after' picture, because I am too ashamed of the 'before' but I am going to have to drag myself up from this. I cannot carry on otherwise.

3 comments:

ravylesley said...

Sybs you have to stop beating yourself about waste.We all buy things that seem a good idea but when we either get them home or make them it turns out they taste like poo.I'm sorry but I dont care how much it flaming cost I'm not eating something that tastes like poo so I write it off to experience and in the bin it goes.As for the kitchen maybe you need to relocate your stores into other areas.I know women who store dry goods under their bed or under the stairs.But the secret of having a good store is being prepared to use it .Its no good buying huge bags of premixes when you never bake.You have to tailor your stores to your eating habits

Lesleyxx

Wannabe Sybil said...

Lesley, thanks. It is stuff I use/eat etc, just badly organised and spilling over.

I just looked around and felt flattened. I will get there. (and I will consider your suggestions re storage!) WS x

Morgan said...

Huge hugs.

Sometimes it helps me to break a big job like that down in to a list of little jobs, with little rests/cups of tea in between and it is extremely satisfying to cross all the little jobs off the list, and I feel that I am achieving a little at a time, rather than being overwhelmed by the Big picture!

I wouldn't want to put photos up of any of the rooms in my house!!