Wednesday 20 July 2011

Approved Food tempt me

I was foolish enough to click on the email from approved food. They were selling fruit shoots inexpensively. I will indulge little bear occasionally with fruit shoots, and love them for grabbing to dash out the house when on an outing - we have them a lot on holiday. However they only had orange which little bear doesn't like so much.

However they are doing granulated sugar really cheaply. I am only just getting into the hang of buying granulated sugar again after having bought ten years supply at Costco (a tray of three pound bags) about eleven years ago. Nobody here takes sugar in drinks, and little bear has honey on his cereal. I don't bother with sugar on cereal, darling father has pre-sugared sugar puffs and OH has toast. On the other hand, sugar doesn't really go off (I stored the bags in plastic bags) and the price just seems to be going up and up. And if I ever get back to proper housewifery and doing a spot of baking, it will be invaluable.

Hmm.

I think I will think about it. If I lose out then it is not to be, but the price is incredibly good for the sugar.

I need to go and look in the kitchen and think about what I am ordering - because I HAVE NO ROOM!

2 comments:

ravylesley said...

I saw the sugar and the fruit shoots but when you add in the cost of postage they arent as cheap as they seem.The sugar works out cheaper from Asda as they have 2kilo bags for £1.22 and when you include delivery the AF ones work out at £1.38 per 2kilos.

Lesleyxx

Wannabe Sybil said...

I am ashamed that I bought a shedload, but next time I will definitely do the maths. Thanks for the heads up! WS x