Wednesday 27 July 2011

Spending again

OH got paid today.

So I went out and spent and set up a delivery of groceries from Sainsbury and Asda - I went through mysupermarket for both of them, but couldn't remember exactly where I was so ended up with both shopping lists up and flicking between the two of them, madly adding and deleting to get the best deal. They are not coming on the same day, though that would be humorous.

I still spent over £200.

However I plan to try and use wisely everything that is coming, and to avoid shopping further. I have good deals on meat, frozen veg, bought pies etc. I am ashamed of bought pies, but I am more ashamed of my pastry. It is good to tile a kitchen floor, not so good over chicken and mushroom. I bought good quality meat etc, and intend to stretch as far as I can. As much as possible after that I want to try and shop locally. That way I hope to reduce waste. I can't believe how much food is going up. Frozen veg is ideal for me - no waste as it is already prepared and it stores well. Often it is marginally cheaper than fresh and it is only marginally less nutritious.

Then I went and ordered little bear's school uniform. I had measured his chest and got the next size up. It therefore may last until Christmas. I went to Asda, and that was nearly £60, but I got 8% cashback and it will all be delivered to me for the delivery charge of £2.95. I hope I have enough stuff. I got socks and polo shirts and PE kit and trousers and sweaters (though I don't expect him to wear them at least I can show willing to the teacher). I didn't buy a winter coat. I will wait until the one he has got is actually outgrown. And I am leaving the poor child in (good quality, new) trainers until the Saturday before school starts when I plan to get his school shoes.

I will have a quick look at Approved Food, this time taking into account the postage, as well as whether better bulk deals are available and whether I actually have any room (I don't).

I have darling father's birthday and OH's birthday, and apart from that I want to sit on my hands when I come to spending. There are too many costs coming up, and I really need to try and stop spending. I have said this many times before, but I must must must stick to this.

2 comments:

ravylesley said...

Approved Foods have a very good deal on Long Grain Rice at the moment if you have the room to store it,20kg for £8.99 which works out at 51p per kg if you include in a normal order.Other than that not much exciting tbh

Lesleyxx

Wannabe Sybil said...

I can find the room to store it, darn it! It's too good to miss, especially as I often do rice. And rice is healthy - so it's a good idea.

I'm easily sold to. Thank you, seriously, for giving the heads up! WS x