Friday 8 July 2011

Spam

My junk mail folder is getting very full. It automatically deletes all messages over 7 days old, so in the last seven days I have received 532 junk mail messages.

I am not impressed.

I have had my main email address (not a sybil one) for years and years and years. I got the total down to around 20 per week at one point, which I thought was good. I don't seem to sign up to the sites that generate spam.

However some lovely person - gender unknown - has signed up to a zillion things using MY email address. If they were not pretty obviously based in Portland USA I would get quite cross with them in person. So now I am hovering around the 500 per week, and it is very irritating to be checking the junk mail folder for important documents gone astray to wade past emails from the firestation in Portland USA, or the art gallery in Portland USA as well as the usual scams.

(Having a grumpy morning)

No comments: