Thursday 21 July 2011

More Lakeland

Hazel - there is definitely price rises all over. You have to be so careful what you put in ANY basket. I was drooling over the Tefal electric grater/slice (I love Tefal - incredibly reliable in my experience) and it was a penny short of £50! It is getting quite scary. Lakeland may just be hit, like everyone else, with the costs like fuel which are going up for everyone. But I noticed that all the things that I had mentally marked as 'buy one day' have gone up one or two pounds.

Don't get me wrong, I still adore Lakeland. But like you I now have to be more choosy than ever!

Also - they have Hallowe'en stuff in the catalogue. It's July! What do they mean, having Hallowe'en stuff in July?! Once upon a time you didn't get Hallowe'en stuff over here, it was all Guy Fawkes. Now you get cardboard spooky house cake stands! And it's only July! It's as bad as Christmas decorations going on sale in September.

btw, I once helped at a charity shop, in an area where there are a lot of charity shops, and one got their door superglued up because they upset someone by putting their Christmas cards out too early - and all the charities had to watch out for this because the supergluing was an annual problem. I will stick to grumbling, but it is so depressing watching the seasonal stuff coming out so early.

No comments: