Monday 11 July 2011

Best Foot Forward

Apart from being grossly overweight, I am now suffering from swollen hands and feet. I suppose I ought to mention it to the doctor, as I am now struggling to get shoes on.

So I bought a pair of Therashoes from my friend ebay. They are supposed to improve posture, help aching joints (I have a lot of those), give support and strengthen core. I am not sure what strengthen core means, but that's what the shoes are supposed to do.

I went for a walk in them today. I was planning a longer one, but I folded. Normally I can't manage very far anyway, but today I felt pummelled. The shoes gave me a work out! I can feel that my muscles have been stretched and I only went a few hundred yards over the road to the local NISA. I can feel my calf muscles!

Also I have had a problem since a baby that I tend to roll over onto the outside of my right foot. This can perhaps the sprained ankles that side and the regular feeling that a rusty nail is going through the ankle joint. Apparently the shoes are good for that as well, because dear heaven my ankle doesn't know what has hit it!

If I am able I am about to go and do some ironing - if I can manage it! But I shall be going for another walk in these shoes tomorrow, and the next day. No pain, no gain.

No comments: