Thursday 26 January 2012

Budget? What Budget?

Little bear has a larger than average head. That is, his head is slightly larger than average, though modesty isn't that brilliant either. So t-shirts and jumpers have to be stretched to go over, OH is the same.

Last night, as once again he got his polo shirt all caught up in his ears, and he was undressing himself so he got himself tangled, I had a bit of a light bulb moment. So far he has been wearing lovely, light weight, easy to care for polo shirts. This morning I ordered some white proper shirts in his size.

I know it will mean extra ironing and it will be a little less informal looking (still my little baby), but little bear will have that extra bit of comfort.

Of course while I was on the site (George, through quidco) a few extras slipped into the basket, like some school sweatshirts (that are fine going over his head) in the next size up as his are looking faded and a bit short, and some socks as I swear there is a sock eating monster. I also got some socks for OH as well as his are looking dreadful.

So there is £40 gone. Fortunately I am doing okayish with the shopping. I have bad days. But the delivery is coming in at around £30 per week (without alcohol) at the moment, and I think I can get that down as well. All I need to do is focus.

No comments: