Friday 13 January 2012

Little bear is very tired

Last night I couldn't sleep, and randomly went upstairs to see little bear around midnight.

It must have been the mother's instinct calling. He was on top of the bedclothes, though it was freezing, with his feet at the pillow end and his head at the foot of the bed. So I sort of picked him up - just about, I won't be able to do that for much longer. Then I turned him round and tucked him under the covers. I wasn't particularly feather light with it, he is a fair size to turn 180 degrees and snuggle down, but he didn't stir, didn't flicker an eye. He just cuddled down under the duvet and slept even heavier.

This week he hasn't been to martial arts, he hasn't been to football, and while I did take him to piano tonight, he nearly fell asleep on the bus to there. I suspect that he is finally getting the sleep he needs, and the cold that is just below the surface may break tomorrow.

I think the odds of the cold breaking tomorrow are pretty high as he has a birthday party to go to and then the concert with the piano teacher. The 'concert' is not very intense. It is the pupils of the teacher meeting at the teacher's house, playing a piece and then having nibbles. Obviously little bear isn't going to play a piece, he has only had a few lessons and tonight started to learn to play a tune. I didn't know Twinkle Twinkle Little Star could be slaughtered. However five minutes a day practice and it will be sorted out. Tomorrow little bear will start the proceedings with performing an action song. As little bear hasn't worked out what it is to be nervous, nor has he grasped the concept of stage fright, he is a good choice to start.

1 comment:

ravylesley said...

Good Luck with your concert LB I'm sure you'll be a star.Sybs I suggest being heavily armed with Kleenex at all times and dont forget to take hundreds of piccys that you can show his first real girlfriend when he's in his late teens lol

Lesleyxx