Monday 23 January 2012

Why do I say anything

Speaking to darling uncle, I mentioned that I had lost all the numbers from my phone.

Me 'I don't have the energy to explain, I am exhausted, I am getting off now.'
DU 'I've got the numbers here'
Me 'Thanks, but I haven't got the energy to write them down, and I can't see a pen, I'll get them later, I really need to get off the phone and get some sleep.'
DU 'The first number is...'

At this point I snapped and asked him what I had just said. It does seem to be a recurring theme at the moment where I say 'no' to something, or that I don't want something, and it is as if I haven't said a word.

All I can say, after a night of getting up at least once an hour to put the blankets back on little bear's bed I am on my knees. And the email that lets you track a delivery from Approved Food so I know what time the delivery is due - I've managed to delete that as well. I wouldn't mind, I haven't got round to deleting all the rubbish in my inbox, just the useful stuff. Sigh.

2 comments:

Witch Hazel said...

HI Sybil
Sorry to hear about your lack of sleep.
You should be able to find the deleted emails in the "deleted" (or "Trash" folder of your email. Usually they are only permanetly deleted after a period of tie, or if you actually specifically empty your deleted/trash folder.
Hope that helps.

Morgan said...

I am convinced that men don't listen to us much! I frequently get asked the same question repeatedly, as well as being told, "but you didn't tell me that" when I remind him of something - it is SO frustrating when he seems to think I am telling him something for the first time, when I know I have already told him something a couple of times!!

Big hugs, and hope LB is better soon so that you can get some sleep xx