Monday 16 January 2012

Menu planning

Last week I hit a wall and I am not sure what to do tonight. It is looking remarkably like the turkey curry will finally happen. And the frozen piece of beef in the freezer is very likely to be grated while still frozen and turn into shepherd's pie tomorrow, to have with the remnant of the sprouts and some peas. That is two warming meals for two chilly evenings.

Wednesday needs to be a casserole, as it is football. I have meat in the freezer and I also have some dried veg to use. Thursday is likely to be scampi and chips as I found half a bag of scampi (a donation from darling father with the last trip to Makro) when I reorganised the freezer. There are also more oven chips than I like to keep in reserve, so I want to use some of those up. I want to get rid of some of the half used bags in the freezer to make more space and so that I know where I am. There is nothing more depressing than the quarter bags huddling at the back and looking wilted.

Friday is likely to be mince of some sort, as it is piano, and a chilli con charlie or a beeferoni is good. Then we hit the weekend.

That's the plan, let's see how it turns out.

No comments: