Saturday 21 January 2012

Busy Day

OH gave little bear and I a lift to the martial arts academy where the extra lesson was being held. He had a good time and did some sparring - I am not sure he is entirely cut out for martial arts. He spent a lot of time looking in the mirror at the martial arts' room and he was practicing his charming smile on the instructor, so perhaps he is a lover not a fighter. As long as he is happy and it is safe (and it is so safe, the instructor is really vigilant about it!) I don't mind.

It was when the session finished that the challenge began. The academy is in the middle of nowhere, well, actually on an industrial estate between a series of dual carriageways. If you do not have a car, you have a challenge. Of course, not knowing the area, it took me a while to figure out which direction the buses were going in.

I think if it had been me, it may have been worth it walking into Leeds centre. However little bear's tummy was empty RIGHT TO THE BOTTOM. He explained this at length and detail to me. So we hunted for a bus stop. As we found a particularly interesting set of crossings where two four lane carriageways met with a dual carriageway and a minor road to a set of tower blocks, I spotted a really useful bus stop, where we could get a bus to Roundhay Park and the Tropical House. So on we hopped and trundled out to Roundhay Park with little bear explaining to me very clearly that he really wanted something to eat and we should visit the cafe first.

We visited the cafe first. Little bear was so hungry that he ate all of his ham sandwich, without complaint or comment, before attacking his chocolate muffin. The chocolate muffin did prove a bit much for him, but he gallantly helped me out by eating half the cream in my vanilla slice (he angled for more) along with the packet of hula hoops and a few stray bits of cucumber from my salad.

Then we looked at the queue for the Tropical House. It was yards and yards, and it meant that going round the Tropical House would be a sort of constricted shuffle. So we just went into Leeds and then home.

He is now sleeping soundly. I actually gave him calpol, because he has been looking very flushed all today and he has an interesting cough. It still doesn't sound like he needs a doctor, and he is hurtling round with plenty of vigour, but I think this is finally breaking and a dose of calpol could be exactly what he needs. I rather envy him sleeping through this storm, I think I may have a bit of trouble.

No comments: