Monday 23 January 2012

Meal planning

Yesterday was a bit of a hiccup when OH was a bit stressed about the pink in the chicken (saltpetre from the bacon stuffing) so we had a tin of corned beef with chips and veggies.

Today we have the chicken cooked beyond reason with (hopefully) roasted parsnips and peas (using up the sprouts for darling father and little bear).

Tomorrow, little bear permitting and he seems fine at the moment, I will be going out to Crossgates which is a huge expedition, to return the coat. However, about ten years ago, there was an exceedingly good butchers there, which I may take advantage of. There isn't huge amounts of room in the freezer yet, but I am sure I can manage to fit in a few sausages and some bacon chops (I love bacon chops). If the butchers is no more then I will call in at Leeds Market on the way home. As it is a huge trek, I think I need to have a casserole simmering in the slow cooker.

Wednesday I can see what I have managed to glean from the butchers/Leeds Market. Thursday I am thinking fish, and Friday mince.

I shall see what happens. However I still have not made a list of everything that is in my cupboards and freezer and until I do that I won't get ahead. I noticed when I was scraping together my grocery order that a certain jar of sauce was finally on offer again. I didn't get any. The cupboards are still too full.

No comments: