Monday 2 January 2012

Tactics and planning

A delivery is coming tomorrow. Sigh. It is going to cost a fortune. There is our present for OH's brother in law (bottle of Jack Daniels) and a gift for his neice (creme de cassis) that is for their respective birthdays, so that adds on. I am going to try and get a couple of casseroles in the freezer tomorrow to have instead of takeaways, so I have bits for that. There is catfood etc that I am not going to walk to Makro for, not this week. The forecast is vile and I am still pretty much floored by this stupid cough.

All the above are useful, and potentially money saving. However a lot of treats are on their way, as darling father is poorly and I want to fuss him. There are a few mini pork pies that I think he will like, some egg custards (did you know, on the Asda site, the pack of two egg custards at 58p each are listed about two pages earlier than the pack of four at £1.00 - normal practice would be to get two packs of two if you wanted four, and Asda are 16p better off!) and some chocolate eclairs which I know darling father likes. As little bear will be at school when the delivery takes place, darling father will have a chance of it.

As for the eclairs. We had a delivery between Christmas and New Year which included birthday cake and a pack of four eclairs. Little bear said to me, thoughtfully, 'I really like eclairs.' I insisted on him finishing his cereal, then he had his eclair. As it was his birthday, after some serious hinting, I let him have the one that was supposed to be mine. Then little bear started on how he wanted his daddy to come down and put the Tardis play set together (I wasn't touching it!). He was so unhappy (he said), he was really sad (he said) that the Tardis was not put together. He sighed heavily. OH had come down to watch little bear open presents, but being on antibiotics and having had a bad night, he went back to bed and I wouldn't let little bear disturb OH.

Eventually I weakened. 'I'll make a deal. If daddy hasn't come down by 11.30 you can have his eclair.' I said, fairly confident that OH would be fine with the other goodies. Little bear's face lit up. Of course he was demanding time check after time check and then finally, he got his sticky fingers on the eclair. He was sparkling with mischief, really full of fun, and put the eclair in his mouth - just as he heard OH's footsteps on the stairs. Bless him, little bear solemnly handed the eclair to OH, sucked end and all. OH let little bear finish it off.

No comments: