Sunday 1 January 2012

Step One

Sorting where the money goes.

Today I start a spending diary. I start to consider meal planning. And I stop buying little bits for little bear - he wants for nothing!!!

When little bear is at school I can go through the statements and bills and see what I can do. My target by the end of the week is to have that done and all the food written down on a spread sheet.

Added to the need to budget - the stairs on the way down to the kitchen is carpeted, and there is now a hole, with the grippers poking through. It has been that way for a while, but I have been scared to cover it with gaffer tape as it is a vertical bit of the the steps and heels could get caught. The steps to the kitchen are extremely steep. Little bear caught his bare heel on one of the grippers yesterday, and he was very upset (and still is when he remembers it, sigh).

Priorities - holiday (I'm committed to this, so I have to find the money, no leeway), then stair carpet, then probably another holiday because OH will need it, then dishwasher.

No comments: