Tuesday 31 January 2012

What to do with Olives

I like olives. I know that they are not to everyone's taste, but I do like them. That is why I got several jars from Approved Food. I just never get round to eating them as a snack. I also never seem to get around to putting them into a casserole of beef, tomatoes, onions, peppers and a generous slosh of red wine. Darling father does not leave generous sloshes of red wine around. Besides, it's usually a 'throw stuff in on autopilot' sort of thing when I do a casserole.

These olives are taking up room on my counter - room that is sorely needed! Beef casserole with tomatoes, onions, peppers and (possibly) red wine coming up. But I am wracking my brain for other ideas.

Also - memo to self - just because I like something doesn't mean I shall actually eat it, so don't buy stuff!!!!

The tomatoes, onions, peppers, olives and red wine could also work for lamb, and I have some diced lamb...

No comments: