Monday 2 January 2012

Budgetting the deliveries

I decide I need to save money, then go and spend it. Casserole meat (diced turkey leg is very nice, and inexpensive) and some veggies. I am hoping that it will save a lot more in our health as well as our pockets to get a frozen casserole out instead of a takeaway.

Though we can all eat well from a very pleasant local chinese takeaway for @ £10, but I am fairly confident my casseroles are lower fat. They are also likely to be lower in salt (though less than you would think as I use stock cubes or packet cuppa soups as stock).

Then the presents - alcohol is welcome for those presents, and the supermarket is as cheap a place as any, usually. My poor brother in law has been receiving Jack Daniels for Christmas and Birthdays for at least four years. He hasn't complained. The niece, in her twenties, will like something a bit unusual in the booze line, although creme de cassis isn't really that rare.

What I need to do is balance the stuff I like to get delivered with the need for the frequency of deliveries and the minimum charge of £25 with the vast quantity of food in my cupboards and the need to use it up. Next week I will have to balance the delivery fee of £3 to get fruit, veg etc with bus fare of £4 but take into account that I will need to have a minimum of £25 on the delivery to qualify and I don't want to be buying meat. Or alcohol. Or tinned goods. Or possibly even catfood, evil cat is cutting back a bit. So it may be worth me getting the bus after all.

You need to be a black belt shopper to work out what is for the best.

No comments: