Sunday 8 January 2012

Meal plans are not us

I just wrote a very long post about what had happened to meal planning here, decided it was boring, deleted it, and I have now written a long summary (you should have seen the original!)

Yesterday was a takeaway for tea, but never mind, move on. Lunch today was not eggs which is a bit of a nuisance but OH brought in a Mac Donald's which was perhaps just as well as if I get much more sleep deprived I will have a psychotic episode.

Tonight should have been the pork. However I grossly underestimated the time it would take to cook so we had Remoska potatoes, Sainsbury's version of Spam and baked beans. Tomorrow will be the pork and the sausages that had already been got out to defrost for tea tomorrow will be lunch for me and darling father in a sandwich tomorrow instead. Tuesday will be either the remains of the pork or the turkey in the freezer stirred into a jar of cooking sauce together with onions and peppers. I need to pop out on Tuesday to buy veggies and take meat out of the freezer for a casserole. Tuesday needs to be quite flexible because I am out at lunchtime, little bear is out just after school, darling father is out early tea time and OH is out after tea. However I hope to use up some of the frozen peppers in the freezer as I have a few too many.

Wednesday is either a casserole or a takeaway as I take little bear to football lessons and we get in a few minutes after OH. Thursday, well, I will worry about that later!

I am not giving up!

No comments: