Saturday 14 January 2012

Chardonnay wine vinegar

Little bear had his 'concert' last night, charmed all present, according to OH, and was cosying up to the little girl not much older than him. Not all the children had parents present, which seemed a bit sad to me, but it is hard sometimes when you are working as and when you can. Little bear started them all off in an action song and broke the ice. He also schmoozed up to mums, chatted happily about Dr Who to an older girl and took a keen interest in all the proceedings.

I had promised to send some 'nibbles' to the do, so I nipped quickly to a small co-op local to where the party little bear went to while OH was watching him. I'm not very familiar with the co-op and I blinked at their own brand special crisps with sea salt and chardonnay wine vinegar. They were huge 'sharing' bags and £1.59 each. I toyed with the idea of getting them, there weren't that many choices. However I thought - pretentious crisps or down to earth Pringles? I got two tubes of Pringles. After I had paid I realised that the crisps, pretentious or not, were a lot cheaper than the Pringles. It will teach me to do the sums!

And to cap it all, one of the other performers helped themselves to a very large handful and little bear announced in ringing tones, 'My mum bought those for us to share!'

No comments: