Thursday 5 January 2012

Meal Planning lol

Lesley - meal planning is a great idea, but like Operation Christmas Clean, the fates start sniggering whenever I try.

Christmas - Large joint of beef for Christmas day, cold with the rest of the frozen roast potatoes/parsnips, out on 28th, 29th - OH does an unscheduled stop with little bear for MacDonalds so that the cottage pie is not done and instead the beef goes in the freezer and darling father and I have cheese sandwiches.

New Year's Day - It should have been the pork roast that is taking up space in the freezer, but darling father was really poorly New Year's Eve and he just wanted something small for the dinner and OH wanted bacon sandwiches. At least the bacon got used up.

And last night, when I was just too cold and wet and tired to eat, and OH was also in a bad way, the soup just didn't happen. The casserole is supposed to prevent me from getting a takeaway, theoretically being just as quick to bung the frozen casserole in the freezer. I shall see if it ever happens.

However I have just thrown out three large boxes containing four small lollies and done some re-arranging, so I now have about a pound of chopped mushrooms in the freezer, and around four litres of home made (with a little help from a packet) soup. The turkey has been shredded and is also in there.

I should add, darling father also brought home two bags of IKEA meatballs last night. They are in the freezer, and I will never be allowed to forget them!

There is now definitively, absolutely, without question, no more room in the freezer. The casserole that I was planning on going in there has been simmering in the slow cooker for over 24 hours and is now nearer soup anyway, and that is what we are having for dinner. Or else!

No comments: