Thursday 12 January 2012

Evil cat has a narrow escape

Evil cat has always done this, and it always terrifies me when I get tripped up by it - she hides under things. She crawls under throws, duvets, sheets and blankets. She finds fabric and she tunnels under it.

And then you sit down on the edge of a bed and a baffled and irritated tabby head comes out from under the duvet, or the sheet, or the bedspread, blinking and swearing in 'cat'. She is such a tiny thing, she barely makes a bump.

Today there was a rumpled duvet on the sofa. I sat on the sofa, it isn't an unusual thing to do - unless you have a rumpled duvet on that sofa and a tabby with a death wish. Fortunately I sat down on one side and the cat was underneath the other side. Darling father pointed out that the cat was under there. My heart sank and I started lifting throws and duvet and slankets, and out crawls a very grumpy evil cat.

Still, she stole, chased and killed the left over fish from darling father's fish n chips so she can't have been feeling that bad.

No comments: