Tuesday 17 January 2012

Coated

The bon marche order came - yay!!! And one of the things that was included in the order was coat. I got so cold and wet last week with only a short fleece jacket, that I decided that I needed something else. And the coat was in the bag and I fell in love with the colour and I tried it on.

Oops.

It wasn't just that it was a bit snug. Part of the problem was, as little bear put it, I'm too fat and part was I was wearing a very chunky sweater. The big problem was that the zip got stuck. I struggled and wriggled and jiggled and wished darling father hadn't gone out. Little bear was not supportive. He watched dispassionately as I was as contortionist as my shoulders would allow and commented that I needed to do more exercise.

I kept my temper.

So I am sitting here, in the coat (which is lovely and snug) waiting for darling father to come home so that I can be cut out of the dratted garment, which I hope I will then be able to send back. The lady I rang seemed lovely, and is actually local. I have no problems with Bon Marche. But if I am not cut out of the dratted thing I think I will have to be buried in it.

4 comments:

Morgan said...

Hope you are out of it by now!! Hugs xx

Wannabe Sybil said...

Feeling very grumpy, finally jiggled the zip and the dratted thing is going back. And the worst thing is that little bear is absolutely right - I am too fat. Grump (and lol at myself). WS x

Robyn said...

He might be right (in your view) but that doesn't mean it's acceptable for him to say it to you! Imagine how you'd feel if he said that to someone in the street.....

I hate trying clothes on - they're always cut wrong for someone curvy, so don't beat yourself up *too* much!

Wannabe Sybil said...

Robyn - so far he has saved gems like that for me. As for comments, I am currently working on the 'don't stare, it's rude.' I do take your point. Thanks WS x