Monday 19 March 2012

Budget - what budget?

This month we have had a few more expenses than I had hoped. Some have been planned, some have been unplanned, I am sick of it.

So far, off the top of my head for this pay packet, darling father's tv, little bear's party, sister in law's anniversary - I don't usually bother but this is her pearl anniversary, two close birthdays which we buy for, the car (still ongoing) and we NEED to replace darling father's chair (probably Wednesday). I am sure that there is more, but I am just too depressed thinking about it.

The latest hit the budget is taking is a skip. A few months ago Nice Mr Next Door suggested that we pool together to get a skip, that is us, Next Door, and Next Door's two sons who are taking over Next Door but One after they have shovelled all the rubbish out of it. It is probably coming next week.

We could really do with the skip. We need to get rid of darling father's old chair, a broken compost bin that is taking up too much room and a broken exercise bike (not broken through use, I might add). We can't get the council to come and collect it. In theory we are entitled to so many free collections per year. In practice, even if there are no cars in the road, the council workers look at our road and say that they couldn't gain access - every time!

We could really benefit from our share of the skip. It is a large one, and pooling in will still be cheaper and it is one skip taking up room in the street rather than another smaller one later. However it has been dragging on for so long that I had almost forgotten to worry about the cost. Sigh.

I have to pay for the holiday next month, and that should be okay. However the latest idea is that we take the half term holiday in October away and while we are away get the laminate floor fitted. That's easily £1000 to find in six months. We need the carpets replacing, they are a health hazard and worn beyond hope. OH does actually need the break before the Christmas rush. I will think of something.

Bless him, darling father has paid for his tv, though I felt bad for taking the money. The cash is now on my desk ready to pay for the car.

On the bright side, after sorting through so many knitting magazines, I am not tempted to buy any more in the short term. Long may that continue!

1 comment:

Witch Hazel said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.