Sunday 11 March 2012

I love calpol

Okay, I started off today with a doughnut - not what I need to set me up. There are, however, some left - for now. I shall have some porridge when OH gets up. I have not managed to convince little bear food is a good idea. I am working on the liquid - and working hard!

Little bear had a rough night, he was itchy, his eyes were really full of gunk, running almost as bad as his nose, he was aching, he was uncomfortable - normal for a five year old with chicken pox and probably conjunctivitis. I know that so many have it worse, and this morning it isn't as bad as it could be, but poor little bear is suffering.

This morning his eyes are still very swollen but not as gunky. I think I will still try and see the walk in doctor. I won't take risks with eyes and ears, if it was just chicken pox I wouldn't bother, just keep on the tlc (and calamine, when he lets me use it). He only got to the doctor on Friday about the awful spot that the doctor called a lesion and got a second opinion on. Which reminds me, I need to find the antibiotic cream, he is due his morning dose.

Now that he has had a dose of calpol and it has started to work he is so much happier. He is currently 'sorting' the lego that was part of his haul yesterday. And another side effect - I am getting so many more 'please' and 'thankyou' from him. And grumbles, but you can't have everything.

I will just say, it has taken me well over half an hour to write this, as little bear has needed the heater on, the heater off, the heater on again, the heater lower, calamine - then he couldn't stand it, juice, no - fresh juice! etc. btw it is now around an hour since I started this post.

Really, little bear is normal for chicken pox, and I am doing a fretting mummy. I am so glad he has it now, and I am sure he will be better soon. If he had it later in life, like my friend who caught aged forty - she was seriously ill for three weeks and now has permanent nerve damage - it would be far worse. I shall just plan the next few days with care.

No comments: