Saturday 24 March 2012

The difference between boys and girls

I don't know where little bear got the idea, as I do try and keep an eye on input, and I try and weed this stuff out, but there are limits to what mums with five year old boys can do. All I can do is give him guidance, and try and give him a clear idea of what is or is not acceptable. One day he will be courting, and the behaviour I tolerate or fail to tolerate could make a big difference.

However it does not help when I am giving little bear hell fire and brimstone for pulling his trousers down and showing his bottom to the neighbours (not naughty or defiant, just joking around) to have darling father and Nice Mr Next Door laughing helplessly behind me.

What boys and girls find funny can be very, very, very different.

(also, would I get into trouble for giving the older men hell fire and brimstone as well - they probably wouldn't notice)

2 comments:

ravylesley said...

My youngest who is 6 is exactly the same as LB and he knows just how to play me to get what he wants

Lesleyxx

Wannabe Sybil said...

I am glad that it isn't just me - little bear has me round his little finger! WS xxx