Tuesday 13 March 2012

Shopping and storing

My freezer is fuller than I want. Fortunately I was running it down, as darling father brought home a large bag full of frozen stuff from the Methodists, as they were defrosting their fridge, and what with all that was going on yesterday, I failed to return it. That is one large drawer absolutely full of something that isn't mine. Glass half full - it shows that I am, despite my shopping habits, running down the freezer.

That may not last. Little bear likes fish. I don't particularly like fish, neither does OH, and I have always skipped the seafood chapters of cookbooks. However, it is just too good nutrition to not shovel as much down little bear as I can. And I had an email from Ocado. 15% of my next shop, (minimum spend £60, naturally) plus a special offer on fish. I should really fill my boots (and my freezer). I clicked on the link and it had inexpensive lemon sole and plaice - things I have never cooked.

When it comes to fish, it is either white or yellow, and both get bunged into a warm to hot oven with milk and butter for @ twenty minutes. The white gets huge sprigs of rosemary. It is not haute cuisine, but little bear enjoys it.

Do I have £60 to spend on shopping? The offer expires 19 March, and the fish offer is just so tempting. With the 15% on top, it is worth a go. On the other hand, I have no idea yet how much the car will cost. I shall have to have a big think.

No comments: