Wednesday 7 March 2012

Welcome to the day

Five am this morning - five am! - little bear demanded my presence - 'Mummy! Mummy!' His blankets had fallen off (again) and it had woken him. I did my best to convince him it was night time, but he insisted he was AWAKE! I am getting a bit worried about this as he is getting more and more tired. Last night he burst into tears at the thought of wearing polo shirts, and he is normally a lot more robust than this.

So he came downstairs and insisted on some cereal. He had four spoons of it and then cuddled down on the sofa with a blanket on him, he was out within minutes.

I could probably manage that as I am feeling quite tired, but then evil cat started. The world was not as it should be, so she sang. She sang and sang and sang. Little bear slept through it, and through the huge melodramatic vomiting noises (not found any evidence of actual yeurk, so it may have just been a performance piece) which meant I went to see what she wanted. I knew I had put down food and freshened her water when I had got little bear's cereal. What she wanted was for me to watch her eat. I was unimpressed.

She carried on for a little while, but little bear surfaced around seven, in a much better state than normal, and she is now sleeping it off on a pile of clean washing. Little bear is raring to go to school, and I am beat.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

We too have a cat which eats better when watched! Strange, I find...

Wannabe Sybil said...

Is there such a thing as a normal cat, or just normal for a cat? They do have their little ways! I believe they earn points for how much trouble they can cause and have a league table. It's one of the few things that makes sense with cats lol WS x