Friday 23 March 2012

Not a good day

I broke a crown (in my sleep, grinding my teeth, the night I found out about the car...) so it was a trip to the dentist.

I was feeling v sorry for myself coming home on the bus, and ashamed as I nearly passed out in the dentist and all they did was re-glue a crown.

Then someone got on, they were distraught and crying and apologising for crying. They had just got the news that their cancer had come back.

I couldn't talk (teeth!) to say anything, and what could I say. The lady sitting next to her was being as comforting as possible. And how can anyone need to apologise for dealing with that sort of news - she had only found out a few minutes before and she was calm by the time she got off the bus. It put my pity party right back into perspective. I hope it all works out for her.

No comments: