Friday 9 March 2012

Early morning

Years ago I worked at McDonalds (late eighties) and I loved doing the early Sunday morning shift - it was so lovely and quiet. I expect it isn't the same these days, with the late night clubs etc, but I liked the time to take stock. That was thirty years ago, however, and I don't like early mornings now!

Little bear has been up since 5am. He is hot and flushed, although the calpol has had time to work. He has one large, yeurk looking spot that looks more like a mildly infected scratch. And he is complaining all the time about pains in his legs. I can't send him to school like this.

Of course, the hairdressing appointment that I had cued up has gone with the wind. That isn't the most important thing on the decks, but I could do without it. And I am not looking forward to sorting out the grocery delivery. I have sneaked on here for a sanity saver, but I am typing fast as I can as little bear needs cuddles, and he is just so sad.

Little bear wasn't too bad last night, I had a few moments where I had to get and cuddle him, but not too much. OH was out last night, but home early. I am absolutely shattered. But it could be worse. Glass half full - lots of cuddles with my darling!

Lesley - thank you re the jumping beans. I am a hard, hard mother when it comes to that, and I am now immune to being told that he doesn't love me. All remains of the jumping beans now disposed of!

Morgan - I hope your two are feeling better, and that you are not run too ragged. Take care.

No comments: