Monday 12 March 2012

Kitten Food

One pouch of kitten food put down, eaten and thrown back up in around five minutes. As this is exactly how she was when she was a youngster (up until about eight!) I am not worried, I have just put another pouch down.

Thinking about it, she is getting slower in her old age, it used to be a lot faster between in and out, and she once threw up over malevolent cat.

I am watching this carefully. The kitten food is recommended by Wean and by the vet, but she may just enjoy a new taste and then go off it. I have to be a bit careful as I need to give her medicine on food, so it may be putting a few mouthfuls down with food and then putting the rest down when the first lot is likely to stay down.

Little bear has enough energy to want to play (I haven't after giving him cereal at 4am, amongst other night time traumas) but isn't well enough to concentrate on anything. At least his spots are not so bad now, he seems to be rushing through the chicken pox. I don't remember it working so quickly with me, it seemed to go on forever.

1 comment:

Kitty Greene said...

just a thought WS - i started my poorly cat off with just one teaspoonful of kitten food - to make sure she kept it down, that's all, and she had that on the hour, every hour, she now keeps down half a tin at a time, that's the Applaws by the way, I get that from Pets at home or Pet World, but she can also keep down Hi-Life kitten and Science Diet kitten, she can't however keep down the 'ordinary' kitten food, i.e. Whiskas, Felix, etc. etc.,
I'm sure it has something to do with the additives/presertives in the food, some kind of allergic reation.
good luck .......