Wednesday 14 March 2012

Proud Mother

Little bear had his parent's evening tonight. I was so nervous, but I needn't have worried. Little bear has four or five friends he plays with regularly, but will play with anyone, is confident with other children, well behaved and happy. That's the big deal for me, that sort of assurance with his peers will go a long way. The teacher was also really happy to see us, and was very happy how little bear was progressing.

I am so relieved. I really was worried that little bear wouldn't settle, wouldn't make friends, wouldn't be confident in a social situation - all for nothing. And I am glad that his behaviour is good and that, according to the teacher, he seems to seek out sensible children. That is a habit that will keep him out of a lot of scrapes.

And, although he is in Reception Year, he is reading Year Two books. He is around Year One for everything else. The school must take a lot of credit for this as they are allowing him to push on. I have a list of his 'next steps'. I had best get moving!

1 comment:

Morgan said...

Congratulations!!